Sewer Damage Cleanup in Pocatello
Sewage damage can cause serious problems, especially when the sewage water leaks inside your home or business. Sewage water contains bacteria and fungi and can cause sever discomfort and sickness.
On the Spot Cleaning and Restoration knows that sewage disasters can happen at any time. Our service professionals are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
On The Spot Cleaning and Restoration can send a qualified team of professionals to your home or business to locate and repair your sewage leak as well as treat all contaminated areas within the building.
Our well-trained technicians can quickly remove sewer water, sewage and mud from both under and inside your property using state-of-the-art equipment. They can also treat all of the infected areas in order to prevent the spread of biohazards such as mold, fungi, bacteria, viruses and parasites.
Sewage Backup is Dangerous
Sewage contains biohazards that can be spread to humans through skin contact and inhalation. Exposure to sewage can result in various health problems including:
- Weil’s Disease
- Legionnaires Disease
- Allergic Alveolitis
- Fatal damage to kidneys, liver and blood
- Infection of skin or eyes
How Sewage Cleanup works
Our IICRC-certified technicians have been specially trained to extract sewage, mud and sewage water. They will remove and properly dispose of porous materials including furniture, carpeting, bedding and any other items that may have absorbed the sewage water.
After the sewage is gone, air movers are brought in to blow the moist air around the property. This is done so that our dehumidifiers can soak up the moist air to keep your home or commercial building dry while preventing mold growth.
Possible causes of sewage problems
Sewage can invade your property in various ways. An overflowing toilet, a broken sewer main, and even a flood can all lead to a smelly, filthy toxic mess. Moreover, sewage backup can cause dangerous black mold growth, which can be a huge health risk.
The most common causes of sewage problems include:
- Clogged Pipes– The most common cause of sewage backup is a blockage caused by things like hair, bones, dirt or grease accumulation – or by the flushing of solid objects that are too large for the pipes to handle like sanitary napkins and disposable diapers.
- Blockage of Sanitary Sewers– A blockage can occur in a city sanitary main and if this blockage is not detected in time then sewage from the main can back up through the floor drains into businesses and homes.
- Structural Defects– This includes problems with sewer service lines like holes, cracks, pipe collapses, sags along the line, misaligned pipe and offset or open joints.
- Tree Root Damage– Tree roots can enter the service pipe at joints and travel a long way, plugging the wastewater flow as it goes. These roots can additionally cause structural defects as they crack pipes when they grow.
On The Spot Cleaning and Restoration is dedicated to helping you resolve your sewage problems as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Related Posts via Categories