Prevent Frozen Pipes in Idaho Falls
Frozen water pipes are never fun and are inconvenience. But that inconvenience is nothing compared to the other potential consequences: a broken pipe, which can cause thousands of dollars in water damage. Luckily, On The Spot Cleaning & Restoration has some simple advice you can follow to prevent frozen pipes from happening in your Idaho Falls Home:
- Allow a trickle of hot and cold water to drip overnight. Be careful not to run the water into a drain line that is exposed to extreme cold because that line might freeze.
- Open your cabinet doors under sinks and in storage areags to allow heat from the room to circulate around the unisulated pipes.
- On that note, insulate all pipes in unheated areas or against uninsulated outside walls, such as garages or crawl spaces.
- Apply heat tape or controlled heat cables around pipes that exposed or prone to freezing.
- If you have a washing maching install braided hoses to help prevent freezing.
- Set your thermostat at around 65 degrees or higher. Never turn off the heat during the winter when you go on vacation.
- Make sure you disconnect and store outside water hoses.
- Check any outside faucets for leaks or dripping.
- Cover outside faucets with a faucet insulation kit.
Following some of the simple tips that On The Spot Cleaning & Restoration provided above can help you prevent frozen pipes thise winter.
If you have already experienced frozen pipes that lead to water damage call On The Spot Cleaning & Restoration today! We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to help you with your water damage needs.
Related Posts via Categories